Greek yogurt is considered one of the best sources of protein for vegetarians. It’s creamier than regular yogurt since it’s made from straining yogurt multiple times, with the end product having a higher concentration of protein than the regular one. Greek yogurt contains all nine essential amino acids, also a good source of calcium and healthy fats, apart from being rich in probiotics. Protein can help you feel full for longer periods of time, reducing your appetite and helping you to cut down calories at the end of the day. Calcium on the other hand, is not just important for healthy bones, studies have found that optimum amount of calcium helps in reducing body fat. The probiotics in Greek yogurt can improve gut health, which in turn helps with weight loss by reducing inflammation, improving insulin sensitivity, and by running the digestion process smoothly. Most importantly, there are just about 80 calories in one cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt. So, Greek yogurt ticks so many boxes when it comes to boosting weight loss. With so much goodness in a tub of Greek yogurt, it makes sense to include this amazing food into your diet. So, in this article, we list out 5 different ways to do so:
1. Eat It As It Is: The creamy texture, the amazing taste of Greek yogurt can be relished on its own, without adding any other ingredient. Just grab a spoon and eat it as it is; but make sure it’s the non-flavoured version.
2. Use it as a Dip: Pair it as a dip with fresh veggies like carrots, cucumbers, and whole wheat crackers by adding seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, etc., into Greek yogurt. Whip everything to a thick consistency and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Your weight-loss friendly dip is ready!
3. As a Healthy Substitute for Mayonnaise: Due to its creamy, rich consistency, it can easily replace calorie-dense mayonnaise in salads and sandwiches.
4. Add To Smoothies: Make yourself a yummy treat by blending Greek yogurt with fruit, flaxseed, nuts, etc. You can even add protein powder! This smoothie is so filling that it can replace a full meal in your diet. Also read: “8 Fruits Healthier Than Blueberries For Weight Loss.”
5. In Curries: You know what, you can add Greek yogurt to curries such as chicken korma, saag paneer, chicken tikka masala, etc. to make them creamier. And know what, you can replace the heavy cream (malai) in malai kofta curry with Greek yogurt, which is a healthier option, low in calories and fat as well.
Overall, Greek yogurt makes for a healthy addition in everyone’s diet, but do make sure you are always picking the plain version, without any added sugar or flavour. Most importantly, if you are trying to desperately lose weight, we are here to help – check out our diet plans on Rati Beauty app to lose weight successfully and without staying away from food.