MAC Lady Danger Lipstick
Hello Ulite Cuties, today I am here with a review of the MAC Lady Danger lipstick. A few weeks ago, I was at the MAC store, asking them whether by chance they had the Kissable Lip Color in the shade ‘Strut Your Stuff’ from their Peacocky collection which was launched quite a while back. I saw this liquid lip color on a friend of mine and I asked her what it was and she showed me this long, slick glass tube and said that it was a liquid lip color from that collection of MAC. So, my favourite MUA at MAC remembered that particular shade but they didn’t have any stock of the same. I was also not expecting them to have the shade in stock after so many months. Then he said, “Wait, we have a lipstick that looks similar, from our permanent range”. And that’s when he swatched Lady Danger on my hand. I was like “Wow – That’s a really awesome colour. But I wonder if I would really be able to carry it off.” To which he answered, “Why not, you’re a total lip person and you carry off all colours so well.” So, after giving it a thought, I decided to take the plunge and get Lady Danger lipstick for myself. See some photos, before I tell you guys more about this amazing lipstick
This lipstick is part of the permanent range from MAC and is an awesome bright coral-red colour in matte texture. It has the MAC signature vanilla fragrance and in my opinion, is a dare-to-wear red that totally stands out and draws all the attention to the lips. It’s a real attention-grabber kind of neon bright red. Be sure to be the belle of the ball when you wear this. One does really need loads of courage and self-confidence to carry it off and you can be sure you will be asked what you are wearing on your lips. See some skin swatches and lip swatches:
Pros of MAC Lady Danger Lipstick
• Is an awesome bright coral-red colour.
• Though it’s a matte texture, it glides smoothly and evenly over lips.
• Gives amazing high and full coverage with just a few strokes.
• Lasts for over 4 to 5 hours and even through meals, fading evenly and lightening out just a shade or two less brighter.
• I don’t feel the need to wear a lip balm underneath nor a lip gloss over it.
• Is part of the permanent range from MAC.
Cons of MAC Lady Danger Lipstick
• You need to feel really comfortable with yourself to carry off such a bright red. It’s purely a matter of personal choice.
• Sometimes, availability is an issue.
Verdict: If all my lipsticks had to walk the ramp, Lady Danger would surely be the show-stopper! If you are looking for a really bright shade that is inbetween coral and red, mainly for parties/weddings/the festive season/evening wear, then look no further and pick up Lady Danger from MAC.
Rating: 5 on 5.