Going for a trim or hair cut is often considered as the only option to get rid of split ends, but it’s just a temporary solution, and we can do more than just snip away at those brittle and fractured bits of hair! Frizzy, dry, brittle hair with split ends can make every day a bad hair day. Split ends is the most common hair care woe a majority of people have. Most products targeted towards split ends contain silicones which coat the hair, filling in the rough surface, but it’s just a temporary solution, and not a natural one. Read about 10 amazing home remedies for split ends and to strengthen hair as well.
1. Excessive heat styling.
2. Not conditioning hair enough.
3. Using harsh shampoo and hair products.
4. Sun exposure.
5. Hair dye, hair color.
6. Chemical treatments.
7. Nutrient deficiencies.
10 Amazing Home Remedies For Split Ends:
1. Mash a few ripe papaya cubes and apply this pulp directly on the hair strands. Let it stay for one hour. Rinse away with normal water.
2. Make a hair pack with fresh coconut milk and one egg white, apply to the hair ends (you can use it on the scalp as well), keep for one hour and rinse away with a mild shampoo.
3. Apply natural honey on your hair and scalp. Leave it on your hair for about half an hour and then wash it with a very mild shampoo.
4. Avocado oil is extremely effective in keeping hair healthy and to prevent split ends. Massage this oil on your scalp and hair. Leave it on for one hour before washing it with a mild shampoo. Use this oil at least two times a week.
5. Add 1 tsp honey to 2 tbsp of olive oil and beat it 1 egg yolk. Massage this on hair. Cover the head with shower cap for about 30 minutes. Use a mild shampoo to wash your hair.
6. Massage hair and scalp with warm olive oil. Leave it for about 8 hours or overnight. Wash hair and rinse with vinegar/water solution. You can also mix honey with it. But if you plan to do so then do not leave it overnight.
7. Take half cup olive oil and half cup warm water. Mix well and transfer the content into a spray bottle. Shake well and spray it on to the hair length and tips. Put a shower cap on your head and wrap a hot towel over it. Leave the mixture on your hair for about half hour and then shampoo it as usual.
8. Add 1 tsp. each of mustard oil, castor oil and olive oil into a small container and mix well. Put the mixture on your scalp, massage it in well and let sit for 30 minutes. Also read: “10 Ways to Use Castor Oil to Control Hair Fall.”
9. Almond oil can soften, moisturize and strengthen hair and prevent split ends. Warm up almond oil slightly and apply to the hair ends, keep it overnight and wash with a mild shampoo the next morning.
10. Take 4 tbsp of curd, add one whole egg, and mash one ripe banana, and 1 tbsp to make a thick mask. Apply all over the scalp and hair to strengthen hair and prevent split ends. Keep for 40 minutes and rinse away with a mild shampoo.
With these tips, you can prevent a whole lot of hair woes as well, not just split ends!