It’s difficult being a high maintenance girl on a low maintenance budget.* sigh * Hence sale season spells euphoria for us 😛 Seeing the amazing stuff in stores on sale, I felt like Alice in Wonderland. 4th of July or the Independence Day sales of USA boasts of mind-boggling discounts and you can literally shop till you drop. So here is a brief post into what all I got just in the first week of July. The amazing thing is that I shopped from three cities – New York, Baltimore and Washington DC, so I got to check out stuff in one not available or sold out in the other. Keep scrolling on for pics:
I shopped mainly from these brands:
- Victoria’s Secret.
- Bath and Body Works
- H and M
- Forever 21
- Wet n Wild
Victoria’s Secret: Got stuff from the body care range which includes amazing body mists, body washes and scrubs and lotions. And the gorgeous packaging! Drooling!
Here are the things I got from VS:
- Wild Vanilla Fragrance Lotion and Fragrance Mist
- Aqua Kiss Fragrance Lotion and Fragrance Mist
- Pink Cool and Bright 2-in-1 wash and scrub
- Pink Warm & Cozy 2-in-1 wash and scrub
- Pink Fresh & Clean 2-in-1 wash and scrub
- Pink Sweet & Fruity 2-in-1 wash and scrub
- Pink Beach Flower 2-in-1 wash and scrub
- Pink Coconut Waters 2-in-1 wash and scrub
H&M: While I shopped a few of their beauty products, I literally went overboard with the fashion shopping. Tops, dresses, shoes, sunglasses – everything was so reasonably priced that it was too hard to resist. What I got from H&M’s cosmetic range.
- Glow Pen Highlighters
- Face Palette
- Volume Mascara
- Hand and Face Wet Wipes
- Makeup Sponge
Bath and Body Works: It was my first time in a B and BW store. The fragrance in the store was heavenly. I literally wanted to pick up every single thing. While my wallet begged me to stop, I picked up some stuff, secretly convincing my mind “This is for gifting, not for me.”
- Sweet Pea Range including Body lotion, fragrance mist and hand gel
- Warm Vanilla Sugar Range including Body lotion, fragrance mist and hand gel
- Shower Gels in Gardenia and Fresh Rain and Blue Bali Surf variants.
- Pool Splash Fragrance mist
- At the Beach Ultra Shea Body Cream
- Grapefruit Splash Ultra Shea Body Cream
- Men’s shower gel and deodorizing body spray from the Teakwood, Ocean and Noir collections.
Wet n Wild:
- Wet n Wild is a super affordable brand, and I just stopped at the pharmacy, saw some things and picked them up. Random whims and fancies take a toll on your pocket!
I got their On Edge Crème Eye liner, On Edge Long Wearing Eye Pencil and two lipsticks from their Silk Finish range in the shades Hot Red and Blind Date.
Forever 21: I entered to browse through their clothing line and these cute things were arranged near the cash counter. HAD to pick up something, you know.
Picked up a makeup sponge with handle and some high shine lip glosses.
Sephora: Sephora is expensive for my modest budget, but I couldn’t pass an opportunity to try something. Hence picked these lovely products. Can’t wait to share the reviews soon.
Picked up Algae Sleeping Mask, Pomegranate Sleeping Mask and Green Tea Exfoliating Cleansing Cream.
Oh yeah, I also got a cute heart shaped gift pack from The Body Shop having three body butters- The British Rose, Cocoa Butter and Moringa.
I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I enjoyed buying them 🙂